Why You Need Our Service Maintenance Plan.
Mase Protective Services understand the importance of keeping your security system at optimal conditions, and know the frustration a broken system can create. For this reason, we will work to get to your location as soon as possible fpr needed repairs and with regulary scheduled maintenance we can ensure that your system will run without problem. With any installation our qualified security techs job is never complete. Technology may have come a long way, but there is always that chance it will fail on you, and at the time when you need it the most. This is why the technicians job is never complete. In order to keep your installed products up and running for yours to come, maintenance must be performed on them. This might be a semi-annual or annual task, but when it comes to keeping your products going, it is not something to be skipped out on, it's almost criminal to not maintane your security system after spending the money on it in the first place.
One of the services we like to offer to our customers is our Service Maintenance Plan. This includes a full inspection of the systems and the checklist is quite long of all the tasks that are included. Rather than spending the extra money to pay for service calls for inspections or for emergency servicing of a failed system, it is best to have the maintenance contract. It saves you money, and if you ever have an emergency situation or recurring problem, there is never any hesitation to call because your contract covers it all. By having a technian come out regulary to keep up with the prducts, you are preventing any possibilities of your system malfunctioning due to minor issues such as frayed cable or an unfocused camera. We've seen too many business invest in CCTV, but then fail to keep it regulary maintained or don't have a CCTV maintenance plan and then wonder why picture and recording quality is poor when they need it. Modern day CCTV systems uses digital recording which is great, but means you don't intereact with the system dailiy like you did when you had to change the tapes each day.(remember those days). Then means spotting degradtions or potential faullt is harder now, and in most cases clients only find their system has a when they try to replay images from an incident and find that's it's not recording or the camera is not facing where it should be.
CCTV Preventative Maintenance Checklist
Camera & Housing
verify the following:
- Cameras are adjusted properly
- Examine supporting brackets and towers for signs of corrosion and damage.
- Check physical condition of cameras and housings for signs of deterioration due to rain, dust and dirt.
- Check that field of view is correct.
- Check that all camera bracket fittings and clamping bolts are tight.
- Check that lenses are clean and free of dust and debris
- Check operation of auto-iris lenses as appropriate.
- Clean housing windows as necessary.
- Check that washer bottles are full, refilling if necessary.
- Check operation, blade condition and parking position of wiper unit, adjusting stop position if necessary.
- Check condition of pan / tilt unit, adjusting position of end stops and presets where applicable.
- Check operation of infrared units.
Wires & Cables
**verify the following
13. Check wiring and cable harneses for wear and fray.
14. Check to make sure cable is dressed properly.
15. Check connectors and cable entry points for loose wiring.
16. Coaxial cable is transmitting an adequate video signal to control room. Signal should be free of distortion, tearing, hum-bars, EMI and rolling, etc.
17. Make sure all coaxial connectors are insulated from conduit and pull boxes.
**verify the following
18. Monitors are free from picture burn-in and distortion.
19. Monitors have proper contrast and brightness.
20. DVR's are functioning properly and Clean inside of DVR from dust buildup to prevent overheating.
21. Clean all monitor screens, control panels, and keyboards with diluted cleaning solution.
22. Check all cable/coaxial connectors on back panels for loose connections.
23. Check all power connections to insure AC plugs are not loose or frayed.
Following Maintenance Visit
24. Provide copy of signed works certificate.
25. Provide Maintenance Completion Cenrtificate.
26. Provide Further Action Report of any additional recommenations.
TOP TIP: from our experience many businesses spend a fair proportion of their profits on latests CCTV technology and then either forget or refuse the basic like ensuring it's regular maintenance, that the cameras are clean, and system is in proper working order. Let us take care of this daunting task for you and sign up for a regular maintenace plan.
We can tailor a plan just for you.
ALSO WE WILL NOT SPLICE POWER CABLES AND HARD WIRE INTO ELECTRICAL OUTLETS.
CALL OR EMAIL OUR SUPPORT TEAM